Instructions for ODIN (use T211.CWMv…..recovery.tar.zip):
1. Download ODIN on your computer (just do a google search to find it…version 3.07 will work fine). http://forum.xda-developers.com/show….php?t=2189539
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in “Download Mode” by holding the “HOME” button, “Volume Down” and “Power” all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the “Volume Up” to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. I recommend un-checking Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as “Added” in the Message box. If it doesn’t show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
7. Select “PDA” then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
8. Hit “START”
9. Wait for device to restart.
10. Restart to recovery mode to verify it works (Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).
Notes about ODIN
–Make sure that “Re-Partition” is NOT checked.
–Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn’t flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).
If the highlight doesn’t move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.
It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or “adb reboot recovery”, it seems to work properly.
If it doesn’t boot into recovery:
Please reboot into android (hold power until it reboots) and send me the last_kmsg. See my thread about ADB in the General section for instructions.
To get the last_kmsg with adb use: adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt
Stock T211 recovery also attached.
Instructions for recovery flashable version:
Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
Select the Install Zip option.
Find the recovery zip.
Enjoy your new recovery.
The forum ‘Samsung Galaxy S III’ is closed to new topics and replies.